About a month ago Gma Kerry was asking Kinley what she wanted at her birthday party and Kinley responded, "Pizza and popcorn!" That seemed easy enough, so that was part of the food plan. Because Kinley had an opinion, Momma asked Kinley to sit down and help her make a list of what we should have next Sat. This is how the conversation went...
Momma - "Kinley, we should make a list of all the food for your birthday party, what do you think we should have?"
Kinley - "COOKIES!"
Momma - "What else?"
Kinley - "Cookies, and pizza, and cookies, and popcorn, and cookies, and cake, and yogurt, and cookies, and cheese sticks, and COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Momma was writing everything down and laughing about all the cookies we were going to have. Next Momma started to read the list back to Kinley. There was no need for Momma to read it back, Kinley decided she would double check the list herself and took the list right out of Momma's hands. After focusing really hard she "read it" complete with the 20 times of listing cookies and then announced, "That's it!"
Hard to capture the story without seeing the little expressions she makes, but it was sooooo cute and something her Momma will always remember about her 2nd birthday!
Better stop blogging, sounds like I need to get to baking! :)
Sunday, October 18, 2009
What Should We Have For Your Birthday???
Posted by Jessica at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
So glad you decided to put that adorable story on the blog! I LOVE IT!!
If I remember right, it was probably "Cooookies" each time she said it. Hope she has a great party. Wish I could be there. :(
I can't wait until Rachel is at a talking stage. Kinleyis sooo cute!!!
Cute story! Sounds like the party will be a big success as long as there are lots and lots of cookies!
I sure am glad that we will get to be there to eat all these cookies with Kinley this weekend!
Post a Comment