Conversation between Momma and Kinley this week...
Kinley: (a little nervous to ask) Momma, Tay Tay is 4 and she still stays with her mommy?!?
(oh, no, is she trying to tell me she wants to stay with me during the day next year instead of going to preschool....)
Momma: What do you mean she stays with her mommy?
Kinley: She still gets to live at her house, even though she is four.
Momma: Yes, that is right, why wouldn't she?
Kinley: Can I stay at your house when I am a big girl and turn 4?
Momma: Yes, honey, you can stay with Daddy and I for a very long time!
Kinley: You mean you aren't gonna be the Grandma and I don't have to move away?
Momma: Someday, like in 20 some years I will be the Grandma and you can move out of my house, but for right now, you are gonna stay right here with me and Daddy!
Kinley: Oh Good!
We have explained to Kinley before that Momma used to live with Gma and Gpa Oakley and Daddy used to live with Gma and Gpa Coleman, but when we GREW UP and got married we moved into our own house and had her and Jaxon. Since she is turning 4 in a couple of months and we always tell her how she is GROWING UP so fast, she thought she was moving out after her birthday and Daddy and I were gonna be Grandma and Grandpa. I also wonder if she has heard me say that I will really "miss her" during the mornings she is at pre-school in the fall, maybe that also was part of the confusion. A funny story, but so sad to know she has been worried about this, and even been "nervous" to ask us about it.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Misunderstanding...
Posted by Jessica at 8:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Will you let the twins live with you, as well?
Sweet story. But sorry she was so concerned about moving.
Post a Comment