As I mentioned in last post Kinley has been wanting me to spell words for her so she can write her letters. I used the opportunity here and there to help her sound things out to learn the letter sounds as well.
Tonight while I was making dinner she asked me how to spell "dog" - this was one we sounded out then she asked me about "cat" - our conversation is below...
Mom: Lets sound it out, kuh,kuh,kuh (sorry, don't know how to type that)
Kinley: Kuh, kuh, kuh - K!!!!
Mom: Well, this one is kinda tricky cause there are two letters that make the kuh sound
Kinley: What's the other one?
Mom: C
Kinley: Mom, you are just so confusing, first you tell me kuh, kuh, kuh is K and now you told me it was C, you are just WAY too confusing, what is the next letter after C?
Friday, July 22, 2011
K-A-T
Posted by Jessica at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I thought I was going to read that she sounded out Kuh Kuh Kuh and then said DOG like her Daddy did. It is still a cute story.
Post a Comment